[amazon_link id=”B001BBPZ84″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]With its ability to offer support and comfort, and the seemingly endless possibilities with respects to its customization to fit your needs as a backpacker, the Gregory Whitney 95 backpack delivers one of the best values of high-quality backpacks on the market today. Offered in two color choices (a very outdoorsy Humboldt Green and a more trendy Trinidad Blue), the Whitney 95 falls more on the end of extended-stay backpacking trips with its capacity ranging from 5300 to 6300 cubic inches (sizes S,M,L). And with an overall weight of only 6 pounds 9 ounces (average), the Whitney 95 offers an incredible amount of internal space and other features, which we will dissect below.
The Gregory Whitney 95 backpack features the Response Custom Fit Suspension (CFS, image below), which provides:
- Twin aluminum stays which are supported by a horizontal cross stay, preventing barreling.
- A smooth piston-like movement of the stays while you walk, providing flexibility and adding comfort.
- The quick adjust 5 point angle waist belt, which allows for the perfect fit to the contour of your hips by easily adjusting a quick release tab.
- Co-molded anti-slip lumbar pads, providing maximum comfort and weight transfer.
The Whitney 95 also features the Auto-Cant Shoulder Harness, which features a rotating plate attachment for your harness to the pack frame that allows the shoulder pads to easily and fluidly adjust to the contours of your neck and shoulders. This eliminates friction and rubbing that cause hot spots, adding comfort to your hiking experience.
Other highlights and features include:
- Hydration sleeve with dual tube ports
- Water resistant zippers
- Water and wear resistant bottom panel material
- Removable top pocket – converts into fanny day pack
- Dual waist belt pockets
- 4 access points – front, side, top, and bottom
- 9 exterior pockets + internal compartment + sleeping bag compartment
Backpacking Samurai Thoughts
Two of our writers swear by this backpack, and only trek with it. The Gregory Whitney 95 Backpack delivers when it comes to comfort, durability, and capacity better than most competitors on the market. Most reviewers are amazed by the customer service rendered by Gregory, and I have been amazed with their ability to replace small buckles and the like that have broken at no cost to me. If you are looking for a high quality and great value high capacity backpack just under the expedition series, the Whitney 95 is for you. Click the following link to order yours now.
[amazon_link id=”B001BBPZ84″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Gregory Whitney 95 Backpack[/amazon_link]